Allied Health Partnerships provides practical, interactive workshops to teachers and parents within schools across NSW. Content is negotiated with each school so workshops are tailored specifically to the needs of your staff and students.
Building Skills and Knowledge
Workshops and one off demonstration lesson days are available through Allied Health Partnerships. Workshop topics may include:
- Identifying expressive and receptive language difficulties in the classroom
- Strategies for supporting children with language difficulties
- Identifying articulation (pronunciation errors) in the classroom- when to worry/not to worry
- Strategies for supporting children with articulation difficulties
- Understanding and using speech pathology assessment tools
- Support available to parents outside of school- information to pass on to parents about services and how to access financial support
- Evidence based games for targeting phonological awareness
- Voice care- how the voice works and how to look after it in a high use job
- Identification and treatment of stuttering in children
- Identifying and supporting children with sensory processing difficulties
- Helping children improve fine and gross motor skills
- Identifying and supporting children with visual processing difficulties
Please note: staff development days prove very popular and should be considered well in advance.
For more information on workshops and demonstration days, please contact us on (02) 8734 3065 or by email.